Access restrictions remain
Minimum PPE requirements for site access
- High Visibility Clothing
- Steel toe capped boots/shoes
- All vehicles should pull up to the electric gates and access will be granted to the yard/office area.
- All drivers should report to the front reception office
- All containers/trucks arriving are booked in subsequently out at this point.
- All visitors are to be accompanied at all times by MIP representatives.
- Contractors and Personnel working on site must undergo a full site induction process
- Direct access from the ICEPAK site will be closed off. Any vehicles/personnel requiring access, must enter the site by means of the electrical gates.
- No passengers or unauthorised people are allowed within the port complex, only those visitors directly involved in the business activities of the port.
- No animals are allowed within the port area.
High Risk activities
- We are working to highlight the risks of crossing the rail tracks to gain access
- Additional warning lights are being installed soon. If these are activated (orange/red flashing lights) access will be temporarily suspended while a rail shunt is underway
- In the interim please take note if the rail gates are open to the side of the electric gates.
- NO ACCESS is allowed through the manual rail gates if they are in the open position.
- Please wait for the crossing to be clear before approaching the electronic gate
- The Traffic Management Plan will form part of the vehicle arrival process. So booking is important.
- The main Traffic Management plan is once a vehicle has cleared the reception/office and been given clearance to enter the yard the driver straight ahead until they approach the coolstore side of the depot then turn right and await loading or unloading.
- Predominantly we will take containers off of trucks, and load to trucks with the doors to the left.
- To exit the site the vehicles continue in a clockwise direction and head to the gates
- The rail siding area must be kept clear at all times.
- All visitors should report to the office upon entry.
- Visitor parking is located in the area indicated at the side of the cross-dock facility.
- Visitors may access through the electric gates and turn immediately right, just past the site signage and drive straight past the office to locate an available parking slot.
- Visitors must follow the fence line to access the administration block.
- The cross-dock and associated facility remain off limits to all unauthorized personnel.